Why Become a Member of Rock Hill?
Membership is a two-way commitment with the other members of Rock Hill: you commit to serve, submit to, and partner with other members of the church, and the church commits to love, support, and help you on your lifelong journey as a disciple of Jesus. It's a way of declaring, "These are my people, my family, and my partners in the work of the gospel."
How Do I Become A Member?
Pizza with the Pastors is a casual, 45-minute lunch that is hosted on the first Sunday of every month. It is a great starting point for learning how to get connected at Rock Hill. You’ll have a chance to meet a couple of our pastors, hear more about our story and ask any questions you may have while enjoying pizza on us!
- If you attend Rock Hill Lincoln Park, Pizza with the Pastors will be held across the street from the church at our offices (518 N 24th Ave W). Click here to sign up for the Lincoln Park Pizza with the Pastors.
- If you attend Rock Hill Chester Park, Pastor Dean will coordinate a time to meet with you and a group of others. Click here to sign up for the Chester Park Pizza with the Pastors.
Pastor Kyle taught through our Statement of Faith in 10 short videos (6-12 min each). Watching these videos will give you a better idea of what we believe.
Foundations is offered once a month (usually the 3rd Thursday of the month) and serves as our membership class. The class usually lasts around two hours. Here’s a glance at some of the things we cover:
- Our theological distinctives
- The 6 core identities of disciple of Jesus
- What it means to believe the gospel and live on Jesus’ mission in community
- How to find a place to serve and use your gifts
- Our membership covenant and the expectations of being a Rock Hill member
Before someone becomes a member, our pastors like to take folks out for coffee or a meal to hear more of your story, answer any lingering questions you might have, and officially welcome you into the church. You can even choose the place to meet! (We love Duluth Grill as much as anyone.)